[Air-L] History of 'Home' in internet browsers

Marianne van den Boomen M.V.T.vandenBoomen at uu.nl
Sun May 6 08:50:15 PDT 2012

Hi Sue,

Intriquing question! I remember working with Mosaic and Cello back in
1994, and they both already had a home button (an online check for
screenshots affirms this). As far as I can see Tim Berners-Lees first
browser in 1991 did not have a home button (see
http://info.cern.ch/NextBrowser.html) neither did the 1993 version (see
here http://info.cern.ch/NextBrowser1.html) Yet, the screenshot does
show a page called My homepage (in the title bar called: Tim's home page).
May be the home of the home button is just Tim's home page? ;-)

kind regards

Marianne van den Boomen