[Air-L] Self-naming on websites for sexual and gender minorities: literature recommendations?

Szulc Lukasz Lukasz.Szulc at ua.ac.be
Wed May 9 07:53:15 PDT 2012

Dear all,

I'm writing a paper for IR13 on the importance of self-naming on Polish and Turkish websites for sexual and gender minorities.

I'd like to kindly ask you for the recommendation of any literature on this topic. That could be general studies on self-naming on LGBTQ websites, though I mainly look for papers analysing the content generated by webmasters and websites' authors. For the current paper, I'm less interested in self-(re)presentation of websites' users in their personal profiles, comments posted on websites and so on.

I'd especially welcome any papers which discuss Polish or Turkish cases.

All the best,

Lukasz Szulc
PhD Candidate
University of Antwerp