[Air-L] The Googlization of Everything by Siva Vaidhyanathan Wins 2011 Donald McGannon Book Award

PHILIP M NAPOLI pnapoli at fordham.edu
Thu May 17 14:32:53 PDT 2012

   The Googlization of Everything: (And Why We Should Worry) by Siva
   Vaidhyanathan Wins the 2011 Donald McGannon Award for Social & Ethical
   Relevance in Communications Policy Research

   The Donald McGannon Communication Research Center at Fordham University
   is pleased to announce the winner of the 2011 Donald McGannon Award for
   Social and Ethical Relevance in Communications Policy Research: The
   Googlization of Everything (and Why We Should Worry) (University of
   California Press) by Siva Vaidhyanathan of the University of Virginia.
   Each year, via the Donald McGannon Award for Social and Ethical
   Relevance in Communications Policy Research, the McGannon Center seeks
   to honor the best in book-length research in the field of
   communications policy. The award carries with it a $2,000 prize and is
   named in the honor of Donald H. McGannon, former CEO of Westinghouse
   Broadcasting and a 1940 graduate of Fordham University. More
   information about the book award and nomination guidelines for the 2012
   award, can be found at [1]www.fordham.edu/mcgannon.