[Air-L] 'Mediated Youth Cultures' - Special issue of Continuum (26.3) now online

Brady Robards brady.robards at gmail.com
Sun May 20 17:06:31 PDT 2012

Hi AoIR,

Very proud to announce that a new special issue of *Continuum: Journal of
Media & Cultural Studies* is now online. This issue brings together 13
articles that make visible an international and cross-disciplinary research
agenda concerned with mediated youth cultures:

http://www.tandfonline.com/toc/ccon20/26/3

*Contents*:

   1. "‘Connect and create’: Young people, YouTube and Graffiti
   communities" by Ben Light, Marie Griffiths & Siân Lincoln
   2. "The pedagogy of regret: Facebook, binge drinking and young women"
   by Rebecca Brown and Melissa Gregg
   3. "‘Individuality is everything’: ‘autonomous’ femininity in MySpace
   mottos and self-descriptions" by Amy Shields Dobson
   4. "Leaving MySpace, joining Facebook: ‘Growing up’ on social network
   sites" by Brady Robards
   5. "Female Pressure: A translocal feminist youth-oriented cultural
   network" by Rosa Reitsamer
   6. "From Punks to Post-Hipsters: Exploring Subcultural Models Of A Youth
   Net-Radio Hierarchy" by Andrea Baker
   7. "To Write Love through the indie imaginary: The narrative argument of
   a mediated movement" by Ryan M. Milner
   8. "The Outlaws of Psytrance in the Time of the Vibe-Tribes" by Graham
   St John
   9. "Breaking expectations: Imagined affinities in mediated youth
   cultures" by Mary Fogarty
   10. "Sexting, Consent and Young People’s Ethics: Beyond Megan’s Story"
   by Kath Albury and Kate Crawford
   11. "The landscape of keitai shôsetsu: Mobile phones as a literary
   medium among Japanese youth" by Kyoung-hwa Yonnie Kim
   12. "A Generational Thing? The Internet and New Forms of Social
   Intercourse" by Fredrik Miegel and Tobias Olsson
   13. "Mediating culture in transnational spaces: An example of young
   people from refugee backgrounds" by Raelene Wilding

Please contact me or individual authors if you do not have institutional
access to the journal but would like to read a particular article. My
co-editor, Andy Bennett and I would like to thank all of the above
contributors for their work. We would also like to thank the many reviewers
who provided valuable, constructive feedback on earlier versions of these
articles. We hope you enjoy!

Cheers,
Brady

--