[Air-L] discursive construction of online anonymity

Muhammad Abdul-Mageed mumageed at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 10 20:22:42 PST 2012

Hello Kornelia,

We usually anonymity, deception, and trust as related concepts in our CMC course. The following three papers are relevant, but for sure you'll find more out there:

	* Donath,
J.
(1999).
Identity
and
deception
in
the
virtual
community.
In
M.
Smith
&
P.
Kollock
(Eds.), Communities in Cyberspace.
	* Lampe,
C., &
Resnick, P. (2004). Slash(dot) and burn: Distributed moderation in a
large
online conversation space.Proceedings of CHI 2004. http://www.si.umich.edu/~presnick/papers/chi04/LampeResnick.pdf
	* Jøsang, A., Ismail, R., & Boyd, C. (2007). A survey of trust
and reputation
systems for online service provision. Decision Support Systems, 43 (2),
618-644. http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/28303/JIB2007-DSS-Survey.pdf

I hope you'll find some of this content useful!

Cheers,

--muhammad

--
Muhammad Abdul-Mageed,
Adjunct Lecturer and Ph.D. Candidate,

Mailing Address:
School
of Library and Information Science
10th
St. and Jordan Ave.
Indiana
University
Bloomington,
IN 47405-3907 USA
mabdulma at indiana.edu, mageed at ccls.columbia.edu
http://ella.slis.indiana.edu/~mabdulma

"You can't lead the people, if you don't love the people.
You can't save the people, if you don't serve the people." ~ Cornel West