[Air-L] discursive construction of online anonymity

Gavin Deady gavin.deady at gmail.com
Mon Nov 12 01:23:12 PST 2012

Dear Muhammad,

You refered to anonymity, trust and deception as three related concepts in
your CMC course. I wonder could you expand on that please?

Also, I wonder would anyone be able to direct my reading. I am looking for
thoughts on collecting anonymous data, and the challenges of verification
and authenticity?

Also, could anyone recommend readings on the researchers duty of protection
of online participants identity and the use of their 'nicknames'? Help at a
practical level of collecting, processing and discussing/presenting
anonymized data would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and regards,
Gavin Deady

--
Gavin Deady.
ISSP/ Government of Ireland Doctoral Fellow,
gavin.deady at gmail.com