[Air-L] discursive construction of online anonymity

Kornelia Trytko ktrytko.ntu at gmail.com
Sat Nov 10 03:24:43 PST 2012

Hello everyone,

I’m looking for suggestions concerning discursive construction of online
anonymity in traditional and new media. I was able to identify one paper on
the representations of online anonymity in Canadian newspapers
http://firstmonday.org/htbin/cgiwrap/bin/ojs/index.php/fm/rt/printerFriendly/1999/1874and
I’m searching for more.

My current project investigates the public discourse surrounding online
anonymity in Poland. I want to explore who, how and why shapes the debate
concerning anonymity on the Internet (with the particular focus on the
‘real name’ policy advocated by Facebook). I’m also researching the
consequences of this debate for a democratic public sphere.

Any suggestions and contacts to people doing similar thing will be highly
appreciated.

Best wishes,

Kornelia Trytko

PhD candidate