[Air-L] Tenure Track Position

kelly boudreau kelly.boudreau at gmail.com
Wed Nov 14 12:06:33 PST 2012

Via Tom Burke
Program Manager
Alice Kaplan Institute for the Humanities Kresge Hall 2-346
Northwestern University Evanston, IL 60208 (847) 491-7946

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 Media: Circulation and Convergence

> The Weinberg College of Arts and Sciences at Northwestern University
> seeks a tenure-track assistant professor working on the interface and
> interpenetration of different media, communication and cultural
> technologies, and media circulation studies.   We are particularly
> interested in candidates who might affiliate with the University's new
> initiative in Asian languages and cultures. Analyses of "old" and "new,"
> mass and "high," analogue and digital, visual, acoustic, and literary
> media are all germane. Research areas may include the relation between
> traditional formats and technologies and new media, conceptual
> analyses of "media" and associated notions ("virtual," "digital").
> Research investigating divergent theories and practices of media in
> differing geopolitical and cultural contexts, particularly Asia, as
> well as the study of media in diverse historical and aesthetic
> conditions will be of particular interest.  This tenure-line position
> will be shared between the Alice Kaplan Institute for the Humanities
> and a humanities department in the Weinberg College, which will be the
> candidate's tenure home.  Ph.D. by the time of appointment and teaching experience
are expected.
> Applications are welcome from diverse humanities disciplines. AA/EOE
> applications from women and under-represented minority candidates are
> encouraged.
>
> The application has five parts: 1. a research statement outlining the
> applicant's current research agenda; 2. a teaching statement
> describing teaching experience and interests; 3. a writing sample (35
> pages maximum); 4. a curriculum vitae; and 5. the names and email
> addresses for three recommenders.  Only electronic applications will
> be accepted. Submit your material via the online application system
> found at
> http://www.humanities.northwestern.edu/programs/FacultySearch.html.  The
application deadline is January 11, 2013.