[Air-L] Anyone researching post-Sandy use of online groups and social media?

Steven Clift slc at publicus.net
Wed Nov 14 21:07:41 PST 2012

This mother lode of mostly Facebook groups and pages may be of interest:

    http://bitly.com/sandygroups

I'd be interested in what lessons can be pulled out overtime around
which ones are most effective and what they really did on the ground
in terms of impact.

Groups go far beyond the limited impact of "Like" IMHO, but something
deeper research wise would contribute a lot.

On a related note here are some lessons I shared: http://bitly.com/localrecovery

It is hard from a distance to determine what "dark social" nearest
neighbor networking is happening online say along a destroyed stretch
of beach.  It would be fascinating to learn about any long-term
e-networks created in urban buildings still uninhabitable and then
what happens when folks return. I would guess that there are some
online groups created for residents of specific buildings, but I
haven't located any yet.

If you reply, please cc: clift at e-democracy.org

Thanks,
Steven Clift