[Air-L] Call for papers for DOCAM 13, 10th international document research conference, June 19-22 Tromsø, Norway,
Lund Niels Windfeld
niels.windfeld.lund at uit.no
Mon Nov 19 11:45:20 PST 2012
The Document Academy Invites:
PROPOSALS FOR PAPERS, PRESENTATIONS AND DEMONSTRATIONS AT
June 19-22, 2013
DOCAM13 is the tenth annual meeting of the Document Academy, an international network of scholars, artists and professionals in various fields, who are interested in the exploration of the concept of the document as a resource for scholarly, artistic, and professional work.
The aim of The Document Academy is to foster a multi-disciplinary space for experimental and critical research on the document in the widest sense, drawing on scholarship, traditions and experiences from the arts and humanities, social sciences, education, and from such diverse fields as information, media, museum, archival, cultural, and science studies.
The Document Academy originated as a co-sponsored effort by the Program of Documentation Studies, University of Tromsø, Norway, and the School of Information, University of California, Berkeley. The 2013 conference is hosted by the Institute of Culture and Literature at the University of Tromsø, Norway, from 19 to 22 June, 2013.
Papers and posters may address:
* DOCUMENT THEORY (general , conceptual, and theoretical research)
* DOCUMENT ANALYSIS (case studies, methodological issues, projects, history)
* DOCUMENT STRUCTURE, CREATION, AND DESIGN (creative and practical work)
We would like to encourage especially papers and posters in the following fields:
* Documentation in the Arts
* Preservation and digititzation of documents
* Historical perspectives on media and documents
All presentations following the keynote presentation will be allotted 30 minutes, including discussion.
Poster size: 20 in. x 30 in. or 30 in. x 40 in. Posters will be on display in the atrium of the conference venue throughout the conference; open discussion is encouraged.
Conference language is English.
The file formats for proposals and papers are RTF, MS Word, or PDF.
All proposals, including posters, must include:
* description: a short (500 words) description of the work to be presented;
* names of all contributors;
* addresses, including email contacts;
* up to 5 keywords.
Paper proposals should also include:
* explanation of how they will be presented (verbally only, with presentation software, video, performance, or other forms of demonstration);
* special equipment needs.
Proposals should be submitted electronically to niels.windfeld.lund at uit.no and roswitha.skare at uit.no<mailto:roswitha.skare at uit.no>.
Submission deadline for proposals: 30 November 2012.
Receipt will be confirmed within one week; decisions will be announced by 20 January 2013.
More information about the Air-L