[Air-L] Work on Qualitative internet research

Peter Gloviczki glovi002 at umn.edu
Tue Nov 6 15:29:07 PST 2012

Hi, Nadia,

I second Todd's recommendation. You might also enjoy Bonnie Brennan's
recent methods book: Qualitative Research Methods for Media Studies.

Lindlof & Taylor's book, Qualitative Communication Research Methods,
is my favorite methods text.

Hope this helps, Peter

On Tue, Nov 6, 2012 at 4:26 PM, Todd Harper <laevantine at gmail.com> wrote:
> Can't go wrong with Alan McKee's "Textual Analysis: a Beginner's Guide."
> There are additional, more specific texts too, but I feel like reading and
> grasping Alan's book first will be a godsend for you.
>
> On Tue, Nov 6, 2012 at 5:24 PM, Nadia Hai <nshai at ucalgary.ca> wrote:
>
>> Hello fellow AOIR members,
>>
>> This is my first post. My Name is Nadia and I am a recent MA graduate from
>> the University of Calgary's Department of Communication and Culture. I am
>> in process of developing my PhD proposals and I was wondering if you could
>> recommend any articles or books on qualitative textual analysis of online
>> texts. My proposed research will focus on online English-Language Jihadist
>> media (mostly pulled from archives).
>>
>> Thanks in advance!
>>
>> Nadia Hai
>> BA, MA

>> http://www.aoir.org/
>>

> --
> Todd Harper
> Postdoctoral Researcher, Singapore-MIT GAMBIT Game Lab --
> http://gambit.mit.edu
> laevantine at gmail.com

Peter Joseph Gloviczki, Ph.D.
http://petergloviczki.com