[Air-L] policies on students and social media platforms

Holly Kruse holly.kruse at gmail.com
Wed Nov 7 13:25:20 PST 2012

I've volunteered to spearhead a department initiative to draft an
ethics document. Part of it would involve whether it's okay to require
students to have or use online presences on social network sites or
blogging platform for class. I have my own complicated feelings about
this (which are rather site-specific and related to privacy controls
and other factors), but I'm wondering if there are any academic
departments out there that have grappled with this issue and have
policies about it.

Thanks,

Holly