[Air-L] ASU School of Social and Behavioral Sciences Director Search

Alexander Halavais halavais at gmail.com
Thu Nov 8 09:59:08 PST 2012

Hi, all,

We are hiring (again!), and naturally, if I have to choose a boss,
what could be better than one of my fellow AIR-L contributors. But
feel free to share more widely.

The deadline is coming up quickly. It's a pretty unique school, for
someone who is comfortable working across and between disciplines. And
as a bonus, you get to tell me what to do. (Though you might want to
talk to the current director about how effective this might be.)

Note the rapidly approaching deadline at the end of the month...

- Alex

---------------

The School of Social and Behavioral Sciences in the New College of
Interdisciplinary Arts & Sciences, at Arizona State University (ASU)
invites application for School Director. This is an opportunity to
take a leadership role in a rapidly growing and innovative
interdisciplinary liberal arts college within ASU, the New American
University.

The successful applicant will be expected to provide administrative
vision, leadership, and management for the School; contribute to the
School’s interdisciplinary teaching and research missions; to engage
in research and teaching that complement and strengthen current
offerings and emphases in SBS; and to foster interdisciplinary,
transdisciplinary, and multidisciplinary research and teaching.  We
are seeking exceptional senior candidates for appointment at the rank
of Full Professor.

Required Qualifications: The person appointed must have an earned
doctorate in a related field. In addition, candidates must demonstrate
a) a research record of excellence warranting appointment as a Full
Professor with Tenure at ASU; b) successful administrative experience
at the chair level or above; c) an ongoing program of research and
publication; d) a record of successful teaching; and e) evidence of
ability to contribute to interdisciplinary collaborations in research
and teaching.  Desired qualifications: a) history of successful
extramural funding; and b) successful leadership experience in an
interdisciplinary program.

Deadline: November 30, 2012; if not filled, every Friday thereafter
until the search is closed.

Application procedures:  Only electronic applications are accepted.
Send letter of application, a statement describing your research
program and teaching philosophy, curriculum vitae, a statement
describing your administrative philosophy, and three names of
references along with contact information to: Ms. Jamie Howell at:
NewCollegeJobs at asu.edu. Applicants should reference position #10248 in
their application.

Members of our School are committed to excellence in teaching and
research and SBS is proud of the accomplishments of our faculty,
students, and graduates. We are a research-oriented school where our
priority is the discovery of new knowledge of human behavior, social
issues and social/cultural processes; the application of that
knowledge to our students and the community of Arizona. Students are
encouraged to participate in faculty-student collaborative research
projects, explore cross-cultural and global perspectives in their
courses, access the latest computer technology for projects and
assignments, and apply what they have learned in a variety of
community-based internship sites across the Phoenix metropolitan area.