[Air-L] cfp Conference for E-Democracy and Open Government 22-23 May 2013, Danube University Krems, Austria 22-23 May 2013

Noella Edelmann Noella.Edelmann at donau-uni.ac.at
Fri Nov 16 02:19:43 PST 2012

[Apologies for Crossposting!)

CALL FOR PAPERS CeDEM13 Conference for E-Democracy and Open Government
22-23 May 2013, Danube University Krems, Austria 22-23 May 2013 (plus
pre- and post-conference events!)
www.donau-uni.ac.at/cedem

The CeDEM represents a continuation and development of the E-democracy
conference initiated in 2007. The Centre for E-Governance at the Danube
University Krems has been organising conferences on e-democracy and
public administration since 2007. The CeDEM was first presented in 2011,
and in the meantime also boasts a spin-off in Asia, held for the first
time in November 2012.

On the basis of the open discussion held with participants, track
chairs and PC-members, the CeDEM13 will focus on e-democracy and open
government in the context of human rights and freedom in a digital
society. We invite individuals from academic and applied backgrounds as
well as business, public authorities, NGO, NPOs and education
institutions to submit their papers, reflections as well as workshop
proposals to the topics addressed in the tracks below. We welcome
interdisciplinary approaches to the emerging conference topics.
Tracks:
*	E-Democracy and E-Participation
*	Open Collaborative Government
*	E-Policies and E-Society - Human Rights for the Internet Age
*	Social and Mobile Media for Public Administration
*	E-Campaigning & E-Politics
*	Bottom-Up Movements
*	Open Data, Transparency and Open Innovation
*	Open Science and Open Access
*	Freedom and Ethics in Digital Societies

New: PhD Colloquium
The CeDEM offers a PhD Colloquium in cooperation with the Danube
University Krems* Platform for Political Communication and netPOL
(www.netpol.at). The Doctoral Colloquium provides PhD students the
opportunity to present their work and gain feedback from experts as well
as meet other PhD students.

Important Dates
*	Deadline for the submission of all papers, workshop proposals,
reflections: 15 January 2013
*	Notification of acceptance: 29 March 2013
*	Camera-ready paper submission: 21 April 2013
*	Pre-conference event: 21 May 2013
*	Conference: 22-23 May 2013
*	Open space, extended workshops, PhD colloquium: 24-25 May 2013

The conference proceedings will be published with the Edition Danube
University; in addition, the complete proceedings are fully accessible
online.

Authors of the best peer-reviewed papers will be asked to re-submit
their revised and extended papers for the autumn issue of the Centre for
E-Governance*s open access eJournal of eDemocracy and Open Government
(www.jedem.org).

In addition, we would be pleased to have you in our team of reviewers.
If you want to support CeDEM13 as reviewer, please fill in the following
form: http://tinyurl.com/CeDEMreviewers

Looking forward to your submissions and seeing you there!

Noella

Noella Edelmann BA, MSc, MAS
Researcher

CeDEM13
Conference for E-Democracy and Open Government
 www.donau-uni.ac.at/cedem

JeDEM
eJournal of eDemocracy and Open Government
www.jedem.org

Digital Government Blog
http://digitalgovernment.wordpress.com/

Centre for E-Government