[Air-L] policies on students and social media platforms

Janet Sternberg janet.sternberg at nyu.edu
Wed Nov 7 13:48:15 PST 2012

Hi Holly (and others),

Perhaps default of reply-to-individual is a factor in getting replies
privately instead of on the list. I just posted and was about to press
Send before I realized I wasn't replying to the whole list, and had to
adjust that manually. So maybe others aren't realizing the default does
not go to the whole list.

I might also mention, on the topic of policies for students and social
media platforms, that recently I've noticed some online class
assignments that I doubt could pass muster with institutional review
boards, if the same assignments were proposed as official research. Some
ethical boundaries are now being crossed, in what people are asking of
their students, and asking their students to do to others, that I find
truly frightening. #justsaying

Janet

Janet Sternberg, Ph.D.
http://about.me/JanetPhD