[Air-L] additional suggestions for Twitter aggregating & analytic tools

Sean Goggins s at goggins.com
Mon Oct 1 06:55:31 PDT 2012

My team at Drexel operates a twitter data collection system, Called
Twitter Zombie, which is published at the 2012 ACM Group Conference (
http://www.groupinformatics.org/sites/default/files/TwitterZombieGroup.pdf
).

If you have Twitter search phrases, accounts or hashtags you would like to
collect without setting up infrastructure on your own, we can do that for
you.  We ask you to attribute your data collection to our system, but do
not enforce this.  The data is yours.

Our current work is focusing on collaboration among social media
researchers at the data collection stage, so you would also be helping us
to identify these opportunities.  Our work is being presented at upcoming
conferences, including AOIR.  Kris Unsworth and Ann-Sofie Axellson will be
presenting one of our studies on "Social Media and Technologies of
Control" at the upcoming AoIR conference.

We also have a systematic set of analysis methodological approaches for
Twitter and other social media data that we are planning to share at
workshops at upcoming conferences.

Thanks!

Sean P. Goggins, PhD
Assistant Professor