[Air-L] Tools for Analysing Tumblr?

Shulman, Stuart stu at texifter.com
Mon Oct 1 07:00:46 PDT 2012

GNIP serves the data feed, but I am not sure if anyone has built a
connector to it. We have talked about doing it, but we are unsure what kind
of demand there is for Tumblr data. According to GNIP folks, you could
build a whole business around the stream.

It would take us 2-3 weeks to launch a tool for doing the collection via
API queries, but we would only get the text. If folks would like, I can
talk to Dr. Skippy, the chief scientist at GNIP, about getting some samples
to play with into a public archive. The question is, samples of what?

Please write to me directly if you are interested in text data from Tumblr.