[Air-L] Proceedings from CATaC'12 now available online

Charles Ess charles.ess at gmail.com
Mon Oct 8 23:45:51 PDT 2012

Dear AoIRists,

On behalf of the contributors to and co-editors of
_Cultural Attitudes towards Technology and Communication 2012_
(Proceedings of CATaC'12 - held in Aarhus, Denmark, July 3-6)

- we are very pleased to announced that the Proceedings are now available
online
<http://blogs.ubc.ca/catac/proceedings/proceedings-2012/>.

The Proceedings are hosted at issuu.com and will require registering for a
free account in order to download the desired files.  Just click on the blue
"Create Account" link at the upper right-hand corner: you know the drill.

With all due modesty: we are absolutely confident that the AoIR community
(among others) will find no small number of papers in this year's
Proceedings to be most interesting, relevant, and fruitful for a wide range
of research interests that attend to culturally-variable and
culturally-relevant dimensions, affordances, etc. of online communication.

We are also very happy to provide AoIRists with advance notice that
Proceedings from the previous CATaC conferences - i.e., starting in 1998 and
held every second year since-  will also be made available online within the
next few months.  We anticipate that the collected Proceedings will serve as
a very rich resource for both recent and earlier research approaches,
findings, and reflections in the culturally-variable dimensions of
communication via ICTs - and thereby offer unique possibilities for more
longitudinal research and comparisons as well.

Like the CATaC conferences, the Proceedings are always very much a
collective effort. In this instance, great thanks are due to the
Proceedings' editors, beginning with Herbert Hrachovec and Michele Strano -
and particular thanks go to Fay Sudweeks and Leah Macfadyen for their
yoe-woman's work in making the Proceedings available in this online format.

Enjoy!
With all best wishes,
- charles

Associate Professor in Media Studies
Department of Media and Communication
University of Oslo
P.O. Box 1093 Blindern
NO-0317
Oslo Norway
Tel. +47 228 50404
email: charles.ess at media.uio.no

Lifetime member, Association of Internet Researchers

³At vove er at miste fodfæstet for en stund, ikke at vove er at miste
sig selv² [To dare is to lose your footing for an hour; not to dare is to
lose yourself] - Kierkegaard