[Air-L] call for partners

Niels Ole Finnemann finnemann at imv.au.dk
Mon Oct 1 00:05:30 PDT 2012

Call for partners!

Apologies for cross posting.

We are looking for colleagues who are interested in joining an initiative
for building a transnational research infrastructure for the study of web
materials archived in national and similar general web archives.

We are interested in three different types of response:

First, we are looking for scholars/researchers who are prepared to join us
in responding to a EU consultation on themes for future research
infrastructures to be announced within the Horizon 2020. See “Integrating
Initiatives” at
<http://ec.europa.eu/research/infrastructures/index_en.cfm?pg=home>
http://ec.europa.eu/research/infrastructures/index_en.cfm?pg=home.

Scholars and institutions outside the EU are not excluded. The proposal will
be submitted via DARIAH-EU (http://dariah.eu/).

Second, you can allow us to mention you or your institution as possible
partner without being co-responsible for the suggestion at the present
stage. (There is only limited time to form a preliminary community as the
suggestion shall be handed in to EU no later than Oct 22). Even if we are
interested to have comments we are not going into more detailed discussions
about the content of the proposal at the present stage. We will however
respond everybody afterwards.

Third, we are interested in establishing a community of researchers – who
are also prepared to enter into collaborations with relevant web archiving
institutions – a community which we are prepared to initiate via a seminar
in 2013.

Please respond if you are interested in any of these options no later than
10 October 2012.

The proposal is developed in collaboration with DARIAH (dariah.eu) and
NetLab (netlab.dk), which is a part of the Danish research infrastructure
<http://dighumlab.dk/> DIGHUMLAB (dighumlab.dk). The collaborations between
the Danish internet archive netarkivet.dk (a joint venture between The Royal
Library, Copenhagen and The State Library, Aarhus) and the research
community at The Centre for Internet Research, Aarhus University, Denmark
have developed gradually since 2000 initiated by a Pilot Project on
archiving the municipal elections in Denmark in 2001. The collaboration
today continues within the Danish DIGHUMLAB project which includes the
establishing of the NetLab research infrastructure.

We are looking for possible partners based on close collaboration between
archival institutions and scholarly communities.

The Call and the proposal can be found at netlab.dk/

Mail to: Head of The Centre for Internet Research Niels Brügger at
nb at imv.au.dk or Professor, dr.phil. Niels Ole Finnemann at
finnemann at imv.au.dk

Niels Ole Finnemann

Professor, dr. phil.

Department of Aestethics and Communication

Center for Internet Research/NetLab

Helsingforsgade 14

Aarhus University

Denmark