[Air-L] Media, Culture and Modernism (and the rise of the Internet)

Massimo Ragnedda ragnedda at gmail.com
Mon Oct 1 07:18:27 PDT 2012

Dear AoIR colleagues

I am looking for inspiration for a course on Media, Culture and Modernism
offered in the framework of a BA (Hons), Media, Culture and Society.

I'm thinking about creating a course that relates, in some way, modern
culture, global capitalism, the technological change and the rising of the
Network Society. The goal would be to relate the founding fathers –
Durkheim, Marx, Weber, Simmel, etc… - of classical sociology, to the rise
of Internet.

I appreciate any help regarding good websites, sources or textbooks
containing case
studies.

Is anyone teaching something similar who wants to get in touch to exchange
ideas?

Kind regards

Massimo

--