[Air-L] Managing Digital Identities/Commnicating Digital Identities

Franklin Nii Amankwah Yartey fyartey at bgsu.edu
Sat Oct 20 11:00:47 PDT 2012

Hi Everyone:

I am teaching an undergraduate class this Spring on Managing Digital Identities, and I will be very grateful if anyone can point me to resources such as textbooks and journal articles that will be useful for a 100 level undergraduate class. Below is a short description of the class:

"Communicating Digital Identities (COM108, also known as “Managing Digital Identities) introduces students to how identity is performed on the personal, relational and social levels in modern electronic forums. Students will analyze the impact of identity construction and management on the relationship between communicators and culture, and evaluate ethical communicative choices specific to digital contexts. Students will apply the above concepts to their own performances of identity in a variety of mediated environments."

Thank you!

Franklin Nii Yartey
University of Dubuque, Iowa