[Air-L] Chair of IS, Prof Human Centered Computing/Digital Everyware (NY/NJ area)

Michael Bieber bieber at njit.edu
Sat Oct 20 17:08:09 PDT 2012

*Chair of IS, Professor Human Centered Computing / Digital Everyware*
http://is.njit.edu/about/jobs/

Located a short train ride from New York City and Silicon Alley, the
Department of Information Systems, in the College of Computing Sciences,
at the New Jersey Institute of Technology (NJIT) seeks applications for
the position of Professor of Human Centered Computing / Digital
Everyware and Chair of the Department of Information Systems.

We seek candidates with a proven track record in interdisciplinary
research in Human Centered Computing (HCC). We encourage applications
from any area of HCC including but not limited to: Social Computing,
Digital Everyware/Ubicomp, CSCW, Assistive Technologies and Usable
Privacy and Security. Preference will be given to candidates with
experience in UXD, UX-Research and the building and testing of
innovative interactive systems, and grant funding.

U.S. News & World Report's 2012 Guide to America's Best Colleges ranks
NJIT among the top tier of national research universities. NJIT is the
largest technical State University in the NY-NJ tri-state area and is
undergoing rapid transformation.  The university, located at University
Heights Newark is at the center of large urban renewal project, and
under the leadership of a newly appointed President and Provost. The
College of Computing Sciences is current engaged in a Dean Search.
Information Systems hired four faculty in the past year as part of the
university's continuing strategic growth and looking to significantly
strengthen our efforts in HCC in the coming years.

We are searching for a new Chair of Information Systems, tenured Full
(or Associate) Professor in Human Centered Computing, take on a
leadership role in shaping the future of the department, college and
university. The Chair leads our research and academic community. We
offer undergraduate, masters and PhD degrees (listed below).   We
benefit from our close proximity to midtown Manhattan (30 minutes by
train) and the highly livable communities of northern New Jersey. The
area has a high concentration of business and government organizations,
with many opportunities for field research, collaboration and consulting.

Undergraduate Programs
. BS Business & IS, BS Human-Computer Interaction, BS Web & IS, BA IS
Master's Programs
. MS IS, MS Business & IS, MS Emergency Mgmt & Business Continuity, MS
Web Systems
PhD Program
. Concentrations in Human-Centered Computing and Data-Intensive Research