[Air-L] CFP for ICA2013: Politics of Incivility

Burcu Bakioglu bbakiogl at gmail.com
Wed Oct 24 05:49:52 PDT 2012

Dear fellow-Aoir'ers,
As ICA 2013 deadline is fast upon us, Robert Bodle and I also would
like to post a CFP on the list. The working title is Politics of
Incivility: [insert some sexy byline]. The panel will examine and
complicate various anti-social activities such as trolling, hate
speech, and others that take place on various online platforms. One of
us will be presenting on anti-gay and racist Facebook group and fan
pages and the other will be presenting on GNAA's trolling activities
on Redditt. We are looking for abstracts that examine trolling
networks as counterpublics that complicate mainstream discourse of
online communities through disruptive play. We haven't written down a
description yet so as not to limit the scope of the panel before we
settle on abstracts.

If interested, please send me (bbakiogl at gmail.com) a 150-word proposal
by October 28.

Cheers!