[Air-L] TT Position in Sociology, ASU

Alex Halavais alex at halavais.net
Tue Oct 2 14:36:40 PDT 2012

Hi, all,

Nary a mention of the internet below, but I would love to have a new
colleague that also happened to follow AIR-L :). Note that the focus
is on those working in class inequality in global context and in the
US. Please forward to your colleagues / students.

Best,

Alex

The School of Social and Behavioral Sciences within the New College of
Interdisciplinary Arts and Sciences
at Arizona State University invites applicants for a tenure track
assistant level position in sociology. We seek
applicants whose scholarly and pedagogical expertise allows them to
develop courses, teach, and conduct
research on structures of class inequalities in global contexts,
including the U.S. Of particular interest to the
school are scholars who use historic, comparative, extended case,
and/or institutional ethnographic methods
in their research.

Required Qualifications include: A PhD in Sociology by August, 2013,
with expertise in structures of class
inequality in global contexts, including the U.S.; evidence of an
ongoing research program and level of
publication consistent with experience; and evidence of successful
college/university teaching.

Desired Qualifications include: Employs historical and/or comparative
methods to examine structures of class
inequality.

Application procedure: Send the following items electronically to
Jamie Howell at NewCollegeJobs at asu.edu:
1) a letter of application, 2) a current curriculum vitae, 3) three
samples of scholarly work, 4) teaching
evaluations or other evidence of teaching accomplishment, and 5) the
names and contact information for
three references (references will not be contacted without candidate
notification). Please include position
#10176 with your materials.

Application deadline is January 7, 2013; if not filled, applications
will be reviewed weekly thereafter until the
search is closed.

Members of our school are committed to excellence in teaching and
research and SBS is proud of the
accomplishments of our faculty, students, and graduates. We are a
research-oriented school where our
priority is the discovery of new knowledge of human behavior, social
issues and social/cultural processes; the
application of that knowledge to the betterment of physical, mental,
and social health; and the transmission
of that knowledge to our students and the community of Arizona.
Students are encouraged to participate in
faculty-student collaborative research projects, explore
cross-cultural and global perspectives in their courses,
access the latest computer technology for projects and assignments,
and apply what they have learned in a
variety of community-based internship sites across the Phoenix
metropolitan area. More information about
the School of Social and Behavioral Sciences can be found at
http://newcollege.asu.edu/sbs/.

Arizona State University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action
employer. Women and minorities are encouraged
to apply. ASU’s complete non-discrimination statement may be found at:
https://www.asu.edu/titleIX.

All offers of employment are contingent upon the successful outcome
(as determined by the university) of the pre-
employment screening activities, including a criminal history check
(or a fingerprint check), under Arizona Board of
Regents policy 6-709.

//
// This email is
// [x] assumed public and may be blogged / forwarded.
// [ ] assumed to be private, please ask before redistributing.
//
// Alexander C. Halavais, ciberflâneur
// http://alex.halavais.net
//
// Please attribute any stupid errors above to autocorrect on my phone.
// (But I probably was typing on a keyboard.)