[Air-L] Web 2.0

Ulf-Dietrich Reips u.reips at ikerbasque.org
Sun Oct 14 06:01:24 PDT 2012

Hi Maria:
for many purposes I believe it is much more useful to conceptualize
the development of the Web in a more continuous way (with
earthshaking events along the way, of course), and I consider any
serious attempts to empirically support the Web 1-2-3
conceptualization as failed.

If you search the air-l archives you'll find a discussion Alex
Havelais and others had a while back around this topic.

Here is an additional piece of mine:
Reips, U.-D., & Matzat, U. (2007). Web 2.0, Internet 2.1?
International Journal of Internet Science, 2, 1-2.
http://www.ijis.net/ijis2_1/ijis2_1_editorial_pre.html

One quote from it: ""2.0" likely is an overblown marketing attempt.
Surely, "Web 1.7" wouldn't catch on as much."

All the best for your research!

Kind regards
Ulf