[Air-L] for tweetable announcements

Barry Wellman wellman at chass.utoronto.ca
Sat Oct 20 07:55:35 PDT 2012

I always get announcements from these lsits about calls for papers,
conferences, articles/books out.

The posters would get a lot more mileage if they were short enough for
readers to copy and tweet.

There are too many that I read for me to do it myself.

So for your own conferences, etc, why  not start your post with a 140
character summary (Twitter limit; shorter would be better) including a
bit.ly (or equiv) link so I (and others) can copy and paste into Twitter.

If you make me do any work more than than copy/paste, I won't do it (and I
doubt others will), so if you care about your stuff, just do it! And you
and your speakers, readers, etc. will be rewarded.

  Barry Wellman

   MIT Press         http://amzn.to/zXZg39         Print $19; Kindle $16
   Old/newCybertimes  http://bit.ly/c8N9V8  It's still rock & roll to me