[Air-L] Teaching privacy

Stefania Milan stefania.milan at utoronto.ca
Tue Oct 23 01:53:19 PDT 2012

Hi Gerardo

an Italian foundation (Fondazione <a href) created Privacy Traders,
for high school students. It is a sort of role play game, tested with
success and ready to be promoted in Italian schools via the Ministry
of Education, University and Research. In English here:
http://bit.ly/RtAnSz

Stefania

Quoting "Quinn, Kelly [COMM]" <kquinn8 at uic.edu>:

> Hi Gerardo,
>
> Just returned from the fabulous IR13 conference where Kate Raynes-Goldie
> of Curtin University presented on an online privacy literacy game she
> helped develop with a group of 8-10 year olds and some game designers. You
> may want to contact her or Matt Allen directly at Curtin for
> information--it was quite an innovative way to teach privacy to children!
>
> Cheers,
>
> Kelly Quinn
>
> ------------------------------
> Message: 1
> Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2012 15:16:20 -0700
> From: Gerardo S?nchez <geruzko at gmail.com>
> To: air-l at listserv.aoir.org
> Subject: [Air-L] Teaching privacy
>
> Dear AoIRists
>
> Sorry for cross postings. I'm Gerardo S?nchez, research assistant at the
> International Computer Science institute in Berkeley California. As a part
> of a new project we are launching this fall regarding innovative teaching
> privacy strategies for K-12 scholars, a group of collaborators and I
> (Blanca Gordo, Gerald Friedland, Dan Garcia, et al) are developing new
> techniques for teaching privacy issues over the network society. In this
> regard, I would like to receive some feedback and recommendations from the
> community on relevant literature and multimedia material if there is
> something like relevant literary narratives or fables for raising
> awareness
> to kids or the public over their posting practices and their online
> behavior.
>
> I would appreciate your valuable insights
>
> Best Regards
>
> Gerardo S?nchez
> Research Assistant

----------------------
Stefania Milan, PhD
Citizen Lab || Munk School of Global Affairs, University of Toronto ||
http://citizenlab.org ||
European University Institute || www.protestsurvey.eu/ ||
Center for Media and Communication Studies, Central European University ||
www.cmcs.ceu.hu ||
International Association for Media and Communication Research - International
Council member and ESN Co-Chair || www.iamcr.org ||
mobile: [36] 3064 - 70445 (Hungary)|| [+39] 333 - 2309945 (Italy)
http://stefaniamilan.net/