[Air-L] FidoNet & BBS research

Bates, Benjamin J bjbates at utk.edu
Sat Oct 27 04:28:11 PDT 2012

One of my Master's students did his thesis on Fidonet back in 1991 (you
might find a copy through the Texas Tech University library).  We pulled a
paper out of it that was presented at ICA in 1992 - here's a link to that
part: http://web.cci.utk.edu/~bates/papers/ica92-FIDOINFO.pdf
As I recall there was also an online survey component (conducted through
Fidonet) to the thesis.  I'm at ECREA now, but can see if I have that data
and if it's still accessible (it may be on an old floppy disc) when I get
back to the office.  Drop me a line after Nov. 1 if you're interested.

Ben Bates
College of Comm & Info,
University of Tennessee, Knowville