[Air-L] Looking for MA or Ph.D. online program in Canada in ethics or privacy security or sociology legal studies

Peter Timusk ptimusk at sympatico.ca
Tue Oct 30 09:21:54 PDT 2012

Any suggestions and or advice welcome.

I was talking to an AoIR professor Matthew Allen in Australia about
completing a Ph.D. online in policy legal computer ethics questions, yet the
costs for a foreign student stopped me. I know Queens at Kingston Ontario do
research in privacy but they are about a two hour train ride away. I would
hope to do the bulk of the work online with a Canadian school, so I can
afford it. I have strong quantitative modeling skills and  a background in
reading many AoIR scholars and also more law cases in everything information
age from hacking to domain name disputes to more interdisciplinary legal
online issues. I have a high honours BA in legal studies and a general
B.Math in statistics and work professionally managing national business
statistics projects. I also have a few deep involvements in  a variety of
community based volunteer services such as in consumers of psychiatry and
peer support and service provision to victims of crime and tragic
circumstances. I can arrange for some time away from work if needed. I have
also completed course work for a certificate in systems sciences from the
University of Ottawa in an MSc program but did not finish the thesis.