[Air-L] Tools for Analysing Tumblr?

Alex Leavitt alexleavitt at gmail.com
Mon Oct 1 10:57:24 PDT 2012

Hey Stephanie,

I'm working on a Tumblr project at the moment as well. Seems like there are
no good tools out there really. What I've been doing is writing my own
Pyton scripts to scrape data from the Tumblr API and throwing them into a
database for further analysis.

Tumblr's API is pretty good -- the one major limitation is that it only
delivers the most recent 50 notes per post. You can probably scrape the
notes by parsing HTML, but you need a dynamic Javascript package as the
notes (in sets of 50) are hidden behind Javascript on each page.

Alex

---

Alexander Leavitt
PhD Student
USC Annenberg School for Communication & Journalism
http://alexleavitt.com
Twitter: @alexleavitt