[Air-L] Mark Poster, in memoriam

Trudy Barber Trudy.Barber at port.ac.uk
Thu Oct 11 01:22:46 PDT 2012

This is sad - I was lucky enough to attend a small conference in Penrith UK about 10 years or so ago where he was keynote speaker - and he very kindly listened to me waffle on about my phd research on cyberfetishism. He had a patient and kindly aura about him.. one of those experiences not to be forgotten. A special man indeed.

Trudy.

Dr. Trudy Barber FHEA FRSA
Senior Lecturer and Admissions Tutor in Media
Course Leader Media and Entertainment Technology.
School of Creative Arts, Film and Media
University of Portsmouth
Room 3.19 St. George's Building
141 High Street
Portsmouth PO1 2HY
United Kingdom
Trudy.Barber at port.ac.uk
T: +44 (0)23 9284 5307
F: +44 (0)23 9284 5372
http://www.port.ac.uk/departments/academic/scafm/staff/title,56309,en.html

>>> Rhiannon Bury 11/10/12 12:56 AM >>>
What sad news. Had the pleasure of hearing Mark present at a conference once. The Second Media Age was of vital importance to my training as an internet scholar. My condolences to his family and colleagues.

Rhiannon

Rhiannon Bury
Associate Professor
Women's and Gender Studies