[Air-L] FW: [JoCI] Special Issue Published: Linking the Local with the Global within Community Informatics

michael gurstein gurstein at gmail.com
Mon Sep 3 19:03:42 PDT 2012

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Gurstein [mailto:gurstein at gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, September 04, 2012 1:46 AM
To: Michael Gurstein
Subject: [JoCI] Special Issue Published: Linking the Local with the Global within Community Informatics

Readers:

The Journal of Community Informatics has just published its latest issue at http://ci-journal.net/index.php/ciej. We invite you to review the Table of Contents here and then visit our web site to review articles and items of interest.

Thanks for the continuing interest in our work, Michael Gurstein Editor in Chief: Journal of Community Informatics, Vancouver CANADA Phone 604-602-0624 gurstein at gmail.com

The Journal of Community Informatics
Special Issue:Linking the Local with the Global within Community Informatics Table of Contents
http://ci-journal.net/index.php/ciej/issue/view/30

Editorial
--------
Linking the Local with the Global within Community Informatics
	Liisa Horelli,	Douglas Schuler

Glocality: Thinking about Community Informatics and the Local in the Global and the Global in the Local.
	Michael Gurstein

Articles
--------
Beyond Community Networks: From Local to Global, from Participation to Deliberation
	Fiorella De Cindio,	Douglas Schuler

>From Associations To Info-Sociations: Civic Associations And ICT In Two Asian Cities
	David Sadoway

Playing With The Glocal Through Participatory e-Planning
	Sirkku Wallin,	Liisa Horelli

>From Rural Women’s Groups to the World:
	Janet Toland

Ambiguity and Uncertainty in the “Last Mile”: Using Sense-making to Explore How Rural Broadband Networks Are Created
	Marco Adria,	Dan Brown

The Potential And Limits Of Mobile Phone Usage For Development In Africa:
Innovation And Top-Down-Meets-Bottom-Up Partnering
	Laura Hosman,	Elizabeth Fife

Reviews
--------
Book Review - Development Communication: Reframing the Role of Media
	Wilson Halder

Points of View
--------
Exploring several dimensions of local, global and glocal using the generic conceptual framework Hodges's model
	Peter Jones

________________________________________________________________________ The Journal of Community Informatics http://www.ci-journal.net