[Air-L] Seeking literature: History of media transitions

Marius Rohde Johannessen marius80 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 7 04:26:52 PDT 2012

I know I have read about this several times, but now that I actually need
it I can't find it anywhere... I am looking for literature describing what
has happened when new media has been introduced, especially in terms of
consequeces for democracy. What I am trying to show is that a lot of the
same things happen with each new medium (utopian/dystopian views, hype and
later normalisation when the new medium has become part of the established
order), but at the same time there is a disruption and a new logic to be
learned.

regards

Marius Rohde Johannessen
research fellow