[Air-L] suggestions for Twitter aggregating & analytic tools

Deen Freelon dfreelon at gmail.com
Fri Sep 28 11:49:32 PDT 2012

I would also like to point out that your choice of collection/analysis
tool will depend on whether you need direct access to the data.
Generally speaking, it is my understanding that unless you collect the
data yourself (or pay an authorized reseller like Gnip for it), you
aren't allowed (by Twitter's TOS) to "handle" the raw data--you can only
view aggregate statistics and analytics. To do systematic Twitter data
collection at scale, a web server is almost always required. ~DEEN

dfreelon at gmail.com
http://dfreelon.org