[Air-L] Reading on piracy..

Gabriella Coleman gabriella.coleman at mcgill.ca
Sat Sep 8 08:07:46 PDT 2012

On 09/07/2012 06:00 PM, air-l-request at listserv.aoir.org wrote:
> Message: 5
> Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2012 15:33:58 -0500
> From: Burcu Bakioglu <bbakiogl at gmail.com>
> To: AoiR list <air-l at listserv.aoir.org>
> Subject: [Air-L] Reading on piracy...
>
> Folks,
> I am looking for a reading on piracy to assign to my class this semester
> and I am infinitely conflicted. It is an introductory class. Last year I
> assigned sections of Lessig's Free Culture, this year I want to assign
> something else because I'll also be assigning Lessig's other work. Does
> anyone have any ideas/suggestions? Thank you in advance :)
>
> -- Thanks, Burcu S. Bakioglu, Ph.D. Postdoctoral Fellow in New Media
> Lawrence University http://www.palefirer.com http://palefirer.com/blog/

Hi Burcu,

I asked this question last month so if you look at the archives from
August, there are many good suggestions. I settled on these
http://gabriellacoleman.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/Coleman-Hacker-syllabus-2012-FINAL.pdf
but there were so many good ones to choose from.

Biella

--
Gabriella Coleman
Wolfe Chair in Scientific and Technological Literacy

***

If you want to lower email pollution, please think twice before printing
this email, replying to this email, or emailing ever, ever again.

"Hacking group Anonymous could shut down the entire U.S. power grid,
head of national security warns"
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2104832/Hacking-group-Anonymous-shut-entire-U-S-power-grid-head-national-security-warns.html

"That's right, we're definitely taking down the power grid, we'll know
we've succeeded when all the equipment we use to mount our campaign is
rendered completely useless"-- Anonymous