[Air-L] Reading on piracy...

Richard Forno rforno at infowarrior.org
Sat Sep 8 06:19:21 PDT 2012

It's not scholarly, and not piracy-specific, but there are some good overtones that apply to discussions about piracy/drm/free culture in Stallman's  "The Right to Read" essay -- which is very short and easy reading, btw.  Might be useful in prompting discussions about the broader issues of 'anti piracy' in your class, especially the afterward.

There's also Jessica Litman's book 'Digital Copyright'  and Siva Vaidhyanathan's 'Copyrights and Copywrongs: The Rise of Intellectual Property and How It Threatens Creativity' which may help, too.

If you're looking for shorter-form stuff you could always check out things from EFF and/or related NGOs or research centers, too.

cheers

--rick