[Air-L] References suggestions: qualitative interviewing

Luis Hestres luishestres at gmail.com
Wed Sep 26 17:56:27 PDT 2012

Some good sources I've come across in my coursework so far:

Peabody, Robert L. et al. 1990.  “Interviewing Political Elites,” in PS:
Political Science and Politics 23, 451-455.

Soss, Joe. 2006. “Talking Our Way to Meaningful Explanations:  A
Practice-Centered View of Interviewing for Interpretive Research,” in
Yanow, Dvora and Schwartz-Shea, Peregrine, eds.  Interpretation and Method:
 Empirical Research Methods and the Interpretive Turn.  Armonk, NY: Sharpe.
127-49.

Hamilton, R. J., & Bowers, B. J. (2006). Internet Recruitment and E-Mail
Interviews in Qualitative Studies. Qualitative Health Research, 16(6),
821–835. doi:10.1177/1049732306287599

Stieger, S., & Göritz, A. S. (2006). Using instant messaging for
Internet-based interviews. CyberPsychology & Behavior, 9(5), 552–559.

- - - - -
Luis E. Hestres
Ph.D. student | School of Communication | American University
More about me at luishestres.com or
LinkedIn<http://www.linkedin.com/in/hestres> |  Follow
me on Twitter <https://twitter.com/#!/luishestres/>