[Air-L] Audiovisual Thinking issue #5 is now available

oranit klein oranitkl at gmail.com
Mon Apr 1 07:35:01 PDT 2013

Audiovisual Thinking issue #5 on the theme of Audiovisual learning 2.0 is
now available on wwww.audiovisualthinking.org.

The call for submissions for issue#6 on The Visuality of Security is still
open and closes on the 15th April 2013.

What is Audiovisual Thinking?

Audiovisual Thinking is a peer reviewed academic online journal and
pioneering forum where academics, practitioners and educators can
articulate, conceptualize and disseminate their research about audiovisual
culture through video.

International in scope and multidisciplinary in approach, the purpose of
Audiovisual Thinking is to develop and promote academic thinking in and
about all aspects of audiovisuality and audiovisual culture. Advised by a
board of leading academics and thinkers in the fields of audiovisuality,
communication and the media and hosted by Copenhagen University, the
journal seeks to set the standard for academic audiovisual essays now and
in the future. We study, teach and research the moving image, media and
audiovisuality, yet we rarely mediate in these same forms and media.
Audiovisual Thinking hopes to change this.

Video submissions are welcome from all fields of study and, as one would
expect, the main criteria for submissions are that the discussion and
thinking are conveyed through audiovisual means.

Please visit us on www.audiovisualthinking.org to watch academic videos and
submit your own.