[Air-L] Mixed methods Internet research follow-up

Christine Hine christine.hine at btinternet.com
Fri Apr 5 02:21:03 PDT 2013

Thanks so much to everyone who sent me suggestions of mixed methods Internet
research in response to my recent query. I'm still working my way through
the responses in detail. It's been really enlightening to see the sheer
amount of methodological mixing going on in Internet studies and  clearly
there's something about the multiple affordances of digital data that
stimulate people to draw on multiple methodological traditions. I'm finding
it very interesting to think through these examples of mixing in research
according to the notion of "facet methodology" that I've just come across -
see Mason (2011). I know several other people were interested to know about
the outcomes of my query, so I've prepared a brief summary of the various
projects and resources I heard about. It's a bit long to send out whole to
this list, so I've put it here:  http://christinehine.wordpress.com/

Best wishes,

Christine

Mason, J. (2011) Facet methodology: the case for an inventive research
orientation. Methodological Innovations Online 6(3): 75-92
http://www.pbs.plym.ac.uk/mi/pdf/8-02-12/MIO63Paper31.pdf

Christine Hine

christine.hine at btinternet.com