[Air-L] Invitation SPION Workshop: privacy in online social networks - a feedback and awareness view, 16 April 2013, Leuven, Belgium

Seda Guerses sguerses at esat.kuleuven.be
Wed Apr 10 06:34:59 PDT 2013

dear airs,
here is another event from the spions, for those who can make it to belgium next week.
s.

Dear colleagues,

our SPION project (Security and Privacy in Online Social Networks) looks at its topic from an interdisciplinary angle including various computational approaches. Aside from cryptography and access control, we are also looking at - not only computational - tools for "giving the user information to raise their awareness of privacy issues and remedies".

We are happy to share with you results from the interdisciplinary quest for ways of doing this, and we invite you to a SPION Workshop at KU Leuven, Belgium, on 16 April 2013:

	"Privacy feedback and awareness - the what, the how and the who"

Invited speakers and SPION project members will present computational, sociological, pedagogical and other interdisciplinary perspectives on a wide range of questions around knowledge and privacy and designing, building and evaluating feedback and awareness tools. You can find more info at

http://people.cs.kuleuven.be/~bettina.berendt/SPION/workshop.html

By registering, you will ensure you get a name badge and food.

Please spread this invitation also to others in your networks who may be interested in attending!

Looking forward to seeing you there
Bettina Berendt, Bo Gao and Thomas Peetz