[Air-L] STUDY ON SOCIAL MEDIA & ONLINE RISK

BRANLEY D.B. dawn.branley at durham.ac.uk
Tue Apr 23 05:33:39 PDT 2013

You are invited to take part in an online study investigating social media and online risk. Social Media refers to Social Networking websites and digital applications that enable people to interact and share information; this includes sites such as Facebook, Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn, YouTube etc. The purpose of this study is to investigate how and why people may be using social media, including their attitudes and perceptions of it and also to investigate any positive and/or negative consequences associated with its use.

If you have used any form of Social Media in the last 3 months, you are eligible to participate. Participation is anonymous and simply involves completing an online questionnaire which will take approximately 25 minutes.  The survey includes questions about your use of Social Media, your perceptions of Social Media and any positive and/or negative experiences you have had as a result of using Social Media. You will also be asked for some basic demographic information. No identifiable information will be requested.
Everyone who completes the survey has the chance to win a £50 Amazon voucher.
I am more than happy to repay the favour by participating in your study. Also, if you would like to do a link swop and share my survey via your social media sites, I am happy to do the same in return :)
Please visit this website to take part: https://durhambs.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_5gt9rX6RB8Q9pNr
If you have any questions please email the principle researcher, Dawn Branley at dawn.branley at durham.ac.uk<mailto:dawn.branley at durham.ac.uk>, or tweet @TheCyberPsyche