[Air-L] Qualitative analysis of Twitter data

Natalya Godbold ngodbold at gmail.com
Mon Apr 1 01:44:07 PDT 2013

Hi Satarupa
I found this one very useful for its analysis of social sense making using
twitter.
Nat

Heverin, T., & Zach, L. (2011). Use of microblogging for collective
sense-making during violent crises: A study of three campus shootings.
Journal of the American Society for Information Science and Technology,
earlyview.

On Mon, Apr 1, 2013 at 10:25 AM, Satarupa Joardar <joardar1 at umbc.edu> wrote:

> Dear Scholars,
>
> I am conducting research on the social media (Twitter) discourses of the
> Anna Hazare anti-corruption movement in India. I have a corpus of tweets
> collected during five days that are significant for the movement. I would
> highly appreciate any recommendations for literature on qualitative
> (thematic/discourse/content) analysis of Twitter data, especially in the
> context of a social/protest movement.
>
> Please feel free to write to me off the list if you have any questions.
>
> Thanks a lot in advance!
>
> Satarupa Joardar
> PhD Candidate, Language, Literacy and Culture Program
> University of Maryland, Baltimore County

Natalya Godbold
PhD Candidate (Human Information Behaviour / Health Communication)
Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences
University of Technology, Sydney

¯`~.. ¸><((((º>¸. .~´¯`~.. ¸><((((º>¸. .~´¯`~.. ¸><((((º>¸.
.><((((º>`~.¸¸.~´¯`~.¸.~´¯`~...¸><((((º> .,,.~´¯`~.. ¸><((((º>¸.

UTS CRICOS Provider Code:  00099F
read, use, disseminate, distribute or copy this message or attachments.  If
immediately and delete this message. Any views expressed in this message
are those of the individual sender, except where the sender expressly, and
with authority, states them to be the views of the University of Technology
Sydney. Before opening any attachments, please check them for viruses and
defects.

Think. Green. Do.