[Air-L] A Modest Proposal: Annual Elections for AoIR Internet Cat Macot

Terri Senft tsenft at gmail.com
Wed Apr 24 16:20:03 PDT 2013

Dear Madame Incoming and Esteemed:

In addition to our other important positions, I would like to propose AoIR
hold elections for Internet Cat Mascot. In accordance with our by-laws,
this would be an annual position, and the cats would answer the questions
below like anyone else would.

Naturally, since cats cannot yet write, their statements would be drafted
by those nominating. Whether or not anyone okays this, I will write a
statement for Maru. Andrew Herman does not yet know it, but he will
represent Lil Bub.

Friends in the gallery: Can we agree that this is a moment long overdue in
the history of an organization that does NOTHING but STUDY THE INTERNET?

Please, let's get some Internet cats up on this ballot.

Respectfully,
Terri

P.S. Anticipating questions about dogs: No.

Dr. Theresa M. Senft
Global Liberal Studies Program
School of Arts & Sciences
New York University