[Air-L] A Modest Proposal: Annual Elections for AoIR Internet Cat Mascot

T. Kennedy tkennedy at netwomen.ca
Thu Apr 25 09:00:35 PDT 2013

Might I suggest a 'Birds of a Feather' session where folks can note their
favourite internet cat memes? And, perhaps discuss briefly what makes it
appealing to the internet audience (the lolz), and a view sentences from an
academic standpoint (the analysis)- whatever your discipline. Perhaps
something related to audience studies, or anthropomorphizing animals, or
cultural meaning, or social significance, or a network look at going
viral...the list is endless. Perhaps tie this into your nominations for a
mascot?
Just a thought...
Tracy
Grumpy cat fan.