[Air-L] Denver and hotels

Janet Salmons, Ph.D. jesalmons at gmail.com
Wed Aug 14 15:45:45 PDT 2013

Hello everyone,

As someone who has had numerous frustrating conference site/ hotel
mis-matches, I wanted to give a little local perspective on the Denver
scene. The good news is that there are a number of hotels that are an easy
walk from the Westin. The downtown area is pretty safe-- so you can count
on being able to walk around to lots of great local restaurants. Also,
there is a free shuttle that runs up and down 16th street (the hotel is
just off 16th). 16th street is a bit of an odd mix-- a pedestrian mall with
a bus shuttle down the middle of it. The shuttle also takes you to Market
Street Station, where you can take buses to other parts of town or even to
Boulder (my home town!) If you have an extra afternoon and want to see the
Flatirons (http://www.bouldercoloradousa.com/).

The shuttle also takes you to a few blocks from the Denver Art Museum, one
of my favorite hangouts. (http://www.denverartmuseum.org/) As we say around
here, DAM that's great art! If you want to add a day to see our fabulous
Rocky Mountains, take a hike or want other suggestions, post here and I'm
happy to give suggestions or point you to resources.

One problem about coming to Colorado is that you might not want to leave.
That's what happened to me!

Janet

*Janet Salmons Ph.D.*
*Capella University School of Business  and Vision2Lead, Inc.
*Site- http://www.vision2lead.com
Follow Twitter at #einterview
Now available as Kindle e-books: Online Interviews in Real Time & Cases in
Online Interview Research
jsalmons at vision2lead.com