[Air-L] Utility of listserv vs. (something like a) Facebook board?

Richard Forno rforno at infowarrior.org
Mon Aug 5 08:43:06 PDT 2013

I agree 100% with Jeremy on his comments re: email and listservs. I (and many of us) get tons of mail each day from a variety of lists.  That's what conversation threading and/or folders and/or procmail rules are for.  Makes things *very* manageable.

Sure, like most listservs, the volume of traffic peaks-and-drops over time based on the discussion/topic of the day, but (to me) AIR-L's never risen to the level of ZMGITSBROKEN.  Besides,  as with most of my lists, AIR-L goes to a folder, so it's not disruptive to my daily 'flow' and just I peruse when I can.

FWIW saying, I'm not on FB and would loudly protest any move toward that site or other less-than-open type of information exchange / communicative environments.

-- rick

------
Richard F. Forno, Ph.D.
Director, Graduate Cybersecurity Program
A/Director, UMBC Center for Cybersecurity
cybersecurity.umbc.edu