[Air-L] IM interviews not interviews?

John Campbell johncampbellphd at gmail.com
Sun Aug 18 16:50:19 PDT 2013

Hi Jenny,

I would second Annette's comments.  And I would also recommend looking at
the collection, Internet Inquiry: Conversations About Method (2009) edited
by Annette and Nancy Baym.  It seems rather odd to me that someone today
would not see discussions conducted through IM as valid interviews.  It
would be interesting to learn the reviewer's position on online inquiry in
general.

Best wishes,
John Campbell

John Edward Campbell, PhD
Assistant Professor
Temple University
Department of Media Studies and Production
School of Media and Communication
219 Tomlinson
2020 North 13th Street
Philadelphia, PA 19122
phone: 215-204-1926
"All talk is an act of faith predicated on the future's ability to bring
forth the worlds called for." -- John Durham Peters, 1999