[Air-L] Research on memes and internet fail sites

amanda brennan amandalbrennan at gmail.com
Mon Aug 26 10:02:17 PDT 2013

Hey Sanni,

While I'm not currently in academica, I am the resident librarian at Know
Your Meme <http://www.knowyourmeme.com>. I specialize in fandom, slang and
Tumblr-related content, although I have also covered some fail-related
topics. I'm in the beginning stages of putting together an online
bibliography of meme-related research (although I don't have an ETA on it,
it's currently a backburner project) but I'm always available via email for
any meme-related questions anyone has! There are also a few academics with
accounts on the site and we have a
thread<http://knowyourmeme.com/forums/meme-research/topics/13980-academic-research-on-internet-memes>in
our forums dedicated to research.

Cheers!
amanda

amanda brennan

know your meme <http://www.knowyourmeme.com/users/amandab--3>
memelibrarian.com
@continuants <http://www.twitter.com/continuants>
# 862.400.7345

*The archive, if we want to know what that will have meant, we will only
know in times to come; not tomorrow, but in times to come. - Jacques Derrida
*