[Air-L] Research on memes and internet fail sites (Sanni Pennanen)

Sean Rintel s.rintel at uq.edu.au
Mon Aug 26 17:17:19 PDT 2013

G'day Sanni,

I've written on crisis memes and, informally for The Conversation, several news-y articles about memes, including the roles of memes in slacktivism and snarktivism.

Rintel, S. (2013). Crisis Memes: The Importance of Templatability to Internet Culture and Freedom of Expression. Australasian Journal of Popular Culture, 2(2): 253-271. DOI: 10.1386/ajpc.2.2.253_1 (Happy to send a PDF if you can't get access).

Rintel, S. (2013, April 10). ‘Slacktivism’ vs ‘snarktivism’: how do you take your online activism? The Conversation (Online).https://theconversation.com/slacktivism-vs-snarktivism-how-do-you-take-your-online-activism-13180

Until anon,

Sean

--

Dr Sean Rintel
Lecturer in Strategic Communication   |   Honours Program Coordinator

+61-7-3346-8297   |   s.rintel at uq.edu.au<mailto:s.rintel at uq.edu.au>   |   @seanrintel   |   http://seanrintel.com    |    http://efa.org.au

CRICOS Provider: 00025B   |   Don't even THINK about printing this email!

On 27/08/2013, at 1:31 AM, <air-l-request at listserv.aoir.org<mailto:air-l-request at listserv.aoir.org>>