[Air-L] Utility of listserv vs. Facebook board?

Nicholas Bowman Nicholas.Bowman at mail.wvu.edu
Mon Aug 5 07:25:25 PDT 2013

David,

The point you make about the benefit of "lurkers" is a very good one. Indeed this is a 'weak-tie' sort of network, and we never know where insights will come from, right? I think it's more a matter of adjusting (myself) to AoIR culture, which seems much more inclusive than other research groups and organizations that might see "lurkers" as more meddlesome than (a word that means "helpful" that begins in "m"?).

But, I should have expected at least as much from AoIR scholars as "network folks" - it seems that Granovetter wins, yet again.

And Ella, see? I deleted the e-mail I'm responding to. =)